- Dishes should be done nightly.
- Vacuuming every two weeks.
- Clothes washed, folded and put away weekly.
- Bathrooms scrubbed regularly (I am a bit lax here).
- Basically, the public areas of your home should be presentable enough that company could drop by unannounced. (My writing area remains a constant mess, but that works for me).
- Dishwashers should include arms to load themselves.
- Vacuuming - what's that?
- Washed and folded clothes (dear ole Dad does that part, of course) are just fine stacked on his bedroom floor.
- Scrub a bathroom? Why?
- Company should never drop by unannounced. (His artist area is an even bigger mess.)
|From Zits, one of my favorite comic strips (who hopefully won't get mad |
I copied this from their website - I have a good reason, really I do, but I don't
have a lawyer. Please, no cease and desist letters. No one reads my blog anyway).
Nary a word.
When I asked him, Jacob said he loved the cartoon and intended to leave it posted to his bedroom door. He said it summarized his philosophy on cleanliness.
So much for dear ole Dad psyching him out. All I accomplished was enabling his eventual appearance on Hoarders.